Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Dryer balls and multi-surface cleaner

One of the things I would like to do when we move is try to have a greener house. In a way because I want to use less chemicals, and in part because making my own cleaning solutions can save money, and saving money is a good thing. So the first things that we are trying are dryer balls. All dryer balls are, is wool wrapped up into a ball and felted so that they don't come apart. They take the place of the dyer sheets to help with static and supposedly help reduce the amount of time it takes to dry loads. So far it does seem like they help with the drying time, which is awesome. Static isn't an issue at this point because of the season/humidity so I'll have to try to remember to make note of that once the colder weather sets in.


The other thing I'm trying is a natural multi-surface cleaner that I also have seen all over pinterest, as well as in multiple books of mine. All it is, is white vinegar, the peels from two lemons and about a teaspoon of rosemary and you let it sit for a week and a half to two weeks. To use it you mix it half and half with water. We'll be using this after we close so that we can clean the house before we move in. I'll have to report how it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment