Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Ain't it Grand?

After about a week for Elizabeth and I to adjust to our new lives with Elfie (it's growing on me) her other Grandparents flew into town from St. Louis. For my dad, this is not only the first grandchild but the first girl! Smitten barely begins to cover it; he just melted.

While all faces are new to Evelyn, this one was new to us too. Evelyn's Grandmother, Becky, is my soon-to-be-step-mom (henceforth stbsm) accompanied my dad for the visit. Her resume includes 3 grandchildren of her own so she has lots of experience in the art of grandma-ing.
Becky is a huge Civil war buff so she fit right in here in history rich Virginia. We went on a few adventures but mostly lounged around at home getting Evie cuddles. Dad and Becky also helped us make several freezer meals so we'll be good on dinners for a while.
The visit culminated in a "Grandparents Dinner" Sue and Harry came down to visit and have dinner with Elizabeth, Becky, Dad, and I. It was a very enjoyable evening. Fortunately for us Evelyn isn't quite old enough to be completely spoiled rotten yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment