Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Battle of the Backyard...

On December 1st I decided that it was time to start attacking the backyard so that when spring comes around it might be usable... I'm thinking that a hammock at least would be nice, especially so that I could go outside to read :-)

When we started the backyard looked like this :


Only less green and more leaves EVERYWHERE.. and I do mean everywhere. I'm pretty sure there are more fledgling trees growing as well.

Now....after this many bags of leaves, that didn't really make a dent....


And filling this hole left from a fallen tree trunk with leaves (not that you can tell from this picture that it is a hole).....


Now the backyard looks closer to this:


Since I'm pretty sure the only reason the pictures look any different is because this one doesn't have all the baby trees in bloom I've decided that for this first Backyard Battle... the backyard won. 

However, we do have a nice stack of wood piled up in the back for my parents to use in their fireplace. Right now though, it attracts squirrels and that entertains the cat.





~)O(~ Elfie~)O(~

No comments:

Post a Comment