Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Adding Accents to the bathroom

I have found that I've always looked at things I like and wondered  if I could make them better- and since buying a house and becoming more budget aware I've been wondering that more. So while looking for things to add to our ocean/penguin bathroom we decided on hooks instead of a towel rack since we don't really use a towel rack correctly, we just shove the towel in between the rack and the wall. I found theses pretty hooks on Amazon.com :
Sea Shell Starfish Beach Coat Wall Hooks Home Decor-Set of 3
They are $22 for the set but I still was thinking that was a bit more than I wanted to spend since I wanted four hooks. and while I liked them I didn't LOVE them so I decided to make my own! I have a big bag of sea shells that my Mom bought me last year sometime that I've been slowly using to make things and I decided this would be a wonderful use! So I pulled that out and when I went to Home Depot to return a light-switch that didn't work with our fan's light I got standard robe hooks...


These were $3.28 each. So with my giant bag of shells that was $20 (and I barely made a dent in it) each hook ended up costing between $4-5.

Because of the style of the hook I attached it to the wall first then I used hot glue to attached 2-3 shells per hook. Now, the screws ARE covered, but that is why I used hot glue- because if we need to move the hooks, peeling hot glue off is not impossible. Not easy but not impossible. The end result was:



I like my result much better than the hooks I found on Amazon, and they were a whole lot cheaper! Win!

That's all for now! 

~)O(~ Elfie ~)O(~



No comments:

Post a Comment