Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Organizing: Pots & Pans

Every now and then, Dork_Syd or I get the urge to organize, or re-arrange something. A couple weeks ago Dork_Syd got that urge about our living room/kitchen furniture and rearranged everything (with help from me once I got home from work). A week ago, about an hour before I had to leave for work I got a similar urge- only mine was to organize the pot cabinet. I really don't know why I had that undeniable urge, but I did. It might have been triggered by noticing a dent in one of the pot lids that came from pots falling over on top of it (but that is a guess). I remembered seeing a post on pinterest that suggested using command strips and hooks to hang the lids. Of course, I didn't pin that post apparently because now I can't find it. But there you go.

So anyway, an hour before I had to leave I got that urge and I went with it. I grabbed my tin of command strips and extra hooks and pulled everything out of the cabinet and proceeded to match up the size of the hooks with the lids. I ended up short so I have one pot lid that doesn't have a home on the door but that is ok. One is much better than the large number I had before.

Once I got the idea of the hook sizes needed for each lid, I attached the hooks to the door and tested the hang of the lids. I ended up having to move around a couple of the hooks- so it was a good thing I had extra strips because I needed a few of them! The first couple times I had the hooks too close together so the lids just toppled over. After a few mis-sticks I got the hang of it and finished up quickly! I put all the lids in their places, put the pots away and went off to work!

It was a quick and easy project that left that kitchen cabinet much neater! Now it's so much easier to find the lids that I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment