Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

From the Water Bowl: Lavender lemonade

Elfie here! One of the trends I've noticed over the past couple summers is flavored lemonades. However, I'm  not talking cherry lemonade, or strawberry lemonade; I'm talking LAVENDER lemonade. I'll admit, when I first heard this, I crinkled my nose and thought it sounded... not so yummy. But recently I decided that I shouldn't knock it before I tried it. So I started looking around at recipes trying to get an idea of what would work best.  I found a couple I liked and I made them, but they weren't QUITE right for me, so I modified them until they were. So I hope you find Lavender Lemonade as enjoyable as I do!

Lavender Lemonade


7 cups water
3 tbsp PA Dutch Dried Lavender Ultra 
7 cups COLD water
3 cups lemon juice
2 1/4 cup sugar (if you want your lemonade to be sweeter- increase the sugar amount)




1) Bring the 7 cups of water  and sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the lavender. Cover and steep for 1 hour. If you want a stronger lavender taste, steep longer. Strain the lavender flowers out. I did
this by using my spaghetti strainer over top of one of my pitchers.

2) Add the 7 cups of COLD water and 3 cups of lemon juice to the pitcher. Stir. Chill and Enjoy!

As a side note, my lavender water was green before I added the lemon juice. After I added the lemon juice it turned a pinkish yellow color - but when it is in the glass it just looks like regular lemonade. I have no idea why it does this- but it made me happy and I giggled.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment