Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Order from Chaos

It seems like whenever we do a really good cleaning, everything becomes more chaotic before it becomes ordered again. Today was definitely one of those days. I was at work when Dork_Syd e-mailed me asking if I had any particular attachment to our current living room/kitchen furniture arrangement. The answer was no, so he rapidly informed me of his overwhelming desire to rearrange and what he was thinking- complete with pictures.

Well, I asked Dork_Syd to be the awesome hubby that I know he is when I was working and start cleaning. I really did just mean picking stuff up, and then he went above and beyond. He folded laundry and started thinking about how he wanted to mount our TV on the wall, but where it was just wasn't where he wanted to mount it. THEN he got to thinking about where he wanted to put it and how if we moved the china cabinets into the living room, and moved what wall the piano is on, and the sofa, and the chair how it would open up the doorway into the room. This makes us happy AND makes our slightly claustrophobic dog happy as well.  

So when I came home, the house looked chaotic...
So I jumped right in to help!  One of the things we both agreed on was the desire to center the piano so we used some painters' tape to mark center on the wall, and center on the piano ...
Next we emptied out- and went through our china cabinets deciding on giving away/selling some of our glass collection that we had no real special memories attached to them, which really isn't that much. So we moved the china cabinets and filled them back up. Then we moved the TV back into the living room and hooked all that back up. 


Clearly, this is still a work in progress. Around 10:00 PM we called it quits. Later this week I will be scrubbing our kitchen floors again (its been almost a year since I gave them a good scrubbing). After they dry we will bring up our dining room table and chairs so we can put them in the newly opened up kitchen. Doing that means that we can actually be adults and eat at a table instead of in front of the TV- which is more important when we have friends over.

Once we finish rearranging we'll post the final pictures :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment